Why is it important to bring creativity to work?
- To stimulate the spirit of innovation and curiosity
- To stand out from the competition
- To solve the problems
- To achieve excellence
- To inspire!
Being inspired increases motivation, autonomy and the desire to constantly improve.
Creativity also impacts an organizational culture:
- It encourages diversity and innovation
- It increases efficiency and autonomy
- It stimulates teamwork
- It energizes a group
- It challenges the status quo
- It improves the knowledge and skills of a team
Some tips for expanding your creative abilities in your daily life:
- Clean up your workspace & add a touch of vibrant color
- Change your schedule during the week: start earlier on Tuesdays and eat later on Thursdays, for example
- Get moving! Change locations, if possible: from a standing table to a sitting desk, from a coffee shop near your home to a co-working space in your neighborhood
- Get out of your comfort zone: listen to podcasts, watch documentaries instead of a TV series, encourage opportunities for playful games, keep up with current events in your field, etc.
- Take a new route to work or back home
- Eat right and stay hydrated: the essentials for a healthy, alert brain
- Open your mind to new ideas, discussions, activities and knowledge
Being creative also implies listening to yourself, taking a step back to better focus, open your horizons and rise as a person.